When life happens, update your health insurance coverage.
If you’ve experienced a life changing event, you may be eligible to enroll in the Health Insurance Marketplace – up to 60 days after the following circumstances:
- Changing jobs
- Losing health insurance coverage
- Gaining new immigration status
- Turning 26 (if you were on your parent’s plan)
- Leaving incarceration
- Survivors of domestic violence may apply for health insurance at any time by calling the Healthcare.gov Call Center at 800-318- 2596
To see if you qualify, contact a Certified Application Counselor in your area to help you with the process, log on to healthcare.gov, or call the Health Insurance Marketplace at 800-318-2596.
Cover Kansas Certified Application Counselors can help you:
- Navigate the Health Insurance Marketplace.
- Review your eligibility for financial assistance.
- Compare health insurance plans and help you enroll in a plan that meets your needs.
- Find answers to your questions year-round.
Get Ready to Enroll: What will you need to apply and enroll?
When enrolling, you will be asked for basic information about your family and household. Make sure to gather the following information before you apply:
- Names, birth dates and Social Security numbers for everyone in your household.
- Your projected household income.
- Tax information, such as filing status and number of dependents.
- Immigration documentation and supporting identification numbers.
- Completed Employer Coverage Tool form, which can be downloaded from healthcare.gov.
- An email address and password to create an online Marketplace account. Your Certified Application Counselor can help you create an email address if you do not have one.
How to request accessible communications
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) provides free auxiliary aids and services including information
accessible formats like Braille, large print, data/audio files, relay services and TTY communications. To request
Medicare or Marketplace information in an accessible format:
- Call 800-318-2596 or TTY: 855-889-4325 OR
- Send your name, phone number, type of information needed (if known), and
mailing address via email to
firstname.lastname@example.org, OR fax 844-530-3676, OR send a letter to the following address:
Offices of Hearings and Inquiries (OHI)
7500 Security Boulevard, Mail Stop S1-13-25
Attn: Customer Accessibility Resource Staff